Course: Onboard Safety Training
Course ID: OST-001
Minimum age requirement: 14 years
Course Duration : 1 Full Day (approximately 8 hours)
This course is designed to provide a full review, demonstration, learning and understanding of your vessel, its equipment and emergency response scenarios including fire, person overboard, collision and more!
In addition, we will provide the following:
- Introduce yourself and Shorlink(if required)
- Outline of the session’s activities
- Expected outcomes
- Discussion with participants about their boating background
- Months/years boating
- Type of vessels
- In-depth look at your boating, safety and emergency response knowledge and skills
- Vessel onboard awareness
- A Detailed discussion about the vessel, proposed uses and capabilities
- Physical Tour of the vessel to identify hazards and discuss these including avoiding incident
- Identification of the location of all safety appliances and fire firefighting equipment
- Discuss and initial recommendation on suitability of and access to the above
- Presentation of Emergency Preparedness
- Practical demonstration by trainer in emergency response relative to you and your boat including:
- Person Overboard
- Adverse Weather
- Abandon Ship
- In-water Survival Techniques
- De-brief of the session’s activities
- Outline of participants onboard safety
On completion of the Onboard Safety Training course you will receive:
- A Full Report detailing outcomes and recommendations for you and your vessel
- An Emergency Procedures flip chart.
- Laminated cards for Fire Extinguisher identification and donning life jackets.
- A laminated distress Calling card.
- Handouts for boating safety requirements and common navigational aides.
- Certificate of Attendance and Completion (emailed)
What’s the cost?
Cost is $1,950 including GST for up to 6 participants.
Many clients also include the Practical Vessel Handling Course and/or request a more detailed training session. We offer 5% discount when two or more courses are booked at same time.
Other courses available include Practical Flares & Fire Extinguisher Training where participants set off an ‘actual’ flare and also extinguish an ‘actual’ fire. Our Vessel Handling Course is imperative for maneuvering, berthing and handling your vessel under all situations and experience.
Are you a member of a Marine Club?
We have conducted courses for Marine Clubs all over Australia specific to their requirements.
We welcome your enquiry and offer Group Discounts. Please either email or call on 07 4242 1412.
Why should I trust Shorlink with my safety?
Here’s a few good reasons…
- Craftsman Boatbuilder & Shipwright + Trade Qualified Shipbuilder. We know boat design & construction!
- Over 45 years as an owner, operator, and manager of commercial vessels. We know about operating vessels!
- Maritime Safety Management specialist
- Formerly an Internationally recognised Marine & Shipwright Surveyor
- Fully trained in the International Safety Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and Pollution Prevention
For more information or to book your Course, please contact Shorlink by…
The life you save may be yours, a friend or your own family!