Want to make your life easier?
Operators are under pressure like never before and just keeping up with business and operations is hard let alone trying to keep your SMS and crew training requirements up to date.
We’ve developed a unique range of managed services to take the stress, worry and time involvement away from you and free up your time and focus on what you need to.
Something to remember is…just because you tick the AMSA box doesn’t mean you have the adequate legal protection when you need it most and that’s where we come in.
Our managed service options start with complete management of your SMS and related documentation and allow you to add in other services to provide a comprehensive management plan.
Shorlink’s SMS Management is designed to get your SMS compliant and make sure it stays that way.
The basic service includes:
- Ensuring all crew and other staff are inducted into your SMS
- Monitoring AMSA for changes relevant to your vessel and operations
- Updating your SMS where required and updating the Revisions and Review Log
- Undertaking Annual Reviews and completing the Revisions and Review Log
- A review of induction documents
- A review of training records
- A review of follow-up documents
- A review of your vessels Log Book
- Communications with AMSA where required in relation to your SMS
This is a very cost-efficient service that takes the worry away from you about keeping your SMS up to date and compliant at all times.
Professional Maritime Consultancy
Add a set number of hours for maritime consultancy into your plan to suit your requirements. Clients are using this for specific advice and especially where marine incidents are involved. Include hours relevant to you in your plan and get 10% of the current rate or you can pay as needed and receive a 5% discount.
Safety and Wellbeing Consultant
We are providing a highly recognised service for Safety and Wellbeing that can be linked into your maritime consultancy. We act as an external Safety and Wellbeing Consultant where crew members can contact us for advice and support. This is being recognised as a major incentive by WorkSafe and AMSA for organisations of all sizes.
Emergency Response Training
Include any of our specialised emergency response training services into your plan to take even more stress away from you.
Onboard “vessel specific” training (drills)
Designed to ensure your crew have the practical knowledge and skills to handle onboard emergencies. These sessions include
- Identification and location of all safety and firefighting equipment and appliances
- Identification, location and operation of all fuel and air shut offs
- Location and use of engine room fire suppression systems
- Launching life rafts or Karley Floats
- Dealing with onboard emergencies
- In-water survival techniques
This is a valuable service that takes the worry about training requirements and are they being meet and a service that many of our clients are already using.
Hands on distress flare and fire extinguisher training
We provide hands on training in the use of distress flares and portable fire extinguishers where all participants activate a distress flare and portable fire extinguisher. This is all undertaken under the supervision of one of our experienced maritime trainers.
Our shore-based training sessions are suited to larger organisations where we can deliver:
- General safety requirement presentations
- Detailed group SMS inductions
- Other training as may be required
Managed Service Options
Our managed services are designed to allow you to develop a plan that suits your specific needs and budget. Contact us today to find out how we can save you time and money.
Our recommendation is to take your stress, worry and time involvement away from areas that you don’t specialise in and hand them over to Shorlink which will allow you to get down to business.
Contact us to see just how easy and cost affordable our managed services are in comparison to having to deal with keeping things up to date yourself!