Course: Use of Inflatable Life Raft Training
Course ID: ILR-001
Minimum age requirement: 16 years
Course Duration : Minimum of four (4) hours, dependent upon particpants
This course is designed to provide a full review, demonstration, learning and understanding of inflatable life rafts, their equipment, response scenarios and how to survive!
In addition, we will provide the following:
- Introduce yourself and Shorlink(if required)
- Outline of the session’s activities
- Expected outcomes
- Discussion with participants about their boating background
- Months/years boating
- Type of vessels
- In-depth look at your boating, safety and emergency response knowledge and skills
- Inflatable Life Raft (ILR) awareness and demonstration
- A Detailed discussion about the ILR uses and capabilities
- The physical demonstration of a safe and secure ILR deployment
- Physical Tour of an actual ILR
- Identification of the location of all safety and survival equipment
- Discuss and initial recommendation on suitability of and access to the above
- Practical demonstration by trainer in emergency response
- How to sit and survive for short and long periods within an ILR
- Survival techniques within ILR
- What not to do
- How to use safety and survival equipment
- How to conserve energy physically and with the equipment
- Survival Techniques
- De-brief of the session’s activities
- Outline of participants ILR knowledge and confidence in ILR usage and handling
On completion of the Inflatable Safety Training course you will receive:
- A Full Report detailing outcomes and recommendations for you and particpants
- Certificate of Attendance and Completion (emailed)
What’s the cost?
TBA Upon Application for a minimum of 10 participants.
Many clients also include the Practical Vessel Handling Course and/or request a more detailed training session. We offer 5% discount when two or more courses are booked at same time.
Other courses available include Practical Flares & Fire Extinguisher Training where participants set off an ‘actual’ flare and also extinguish an ‘actual’ fire. Our Vessel Handling Course is imperative for maneuvering, berthing and handling your vessel under all situations and experience.
Are you a member of a Marine Club?
We have conducted courses for Marine Clubs all over Australia specific to their requirements.
We welcome your enquiry and offer Group Discounts. Please either email or call on 07 4242 1412.
Why should I trust Shorlink with my safety?
Here’s a few good reasons…
- Craftsman Boatbuilder & Shipwright + Trade Qualified Shipbuilder. We know boat design & construction!
- Over 45 years as an owner, operator, and manager of commercial vessels. We know about operating vessels!
- Maritime Safety Management specialist
- Formerly an Internationally recognised Marine & Shipwright Surveyor
- Fully trained in the International Safety Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and Pollution Prevention
To book or enquire regarding a Course, please contact Shorlink by clicking here…
The life you save may be yours, a friend or your own family!