Course: Use of Inflatable Life Raft
Course ID: ILR-001
Minimum age requirement: 14 years
Minimum Participants : 10
Course Duration: 4 Hours
(may be longer dependent upon numbers)
This course is designed to deliver the knowledge and skills required to safely handle and survive in an Inflatable Life Raft (ILR). This is a hands-on course where participants will be interacting with an ‘actual’ ILR and various emergency scenarious.
We will provide the following:
- Introduce yourself and Shorlink(if required)
- Outline of the session’s activities
- Expected outcomes
- About Life Rafts
- What life rafts are used for and the benefits
- Life Raft Contents
- A detailed view of the contents of a coastal life raft including survival products
- Mounting a Life Raft
- The correct method to mount a life raft explained
- ILR Deployment
- How a life raft auto deploys if the vessels sink
- The correct method to manually deploy a life raft
- Righting a Life Raft
- How to right an overturned life raft
- Boarding a Life Raft
- Boarding a life raft explained in detail for safety and survival
- In-Water Activities
- The hands-on component is undertaken in a pool where each participant will learn how to right and board a life raft and what to do to increase your chances of survival!
- Outline of participants ILR Training and outcomes
On completion of the ILR Training course you will receive a Certificate of Attendance and Completion (emailed)
Please Note, this is our latest training module to be added to our Shorlink Resume. Our Training Instructors have over 40 years experience. Whilst we are updating our website, please contact our office should you wish to discuss this particular module.
What’s the cost?
Cost is $120.50 including GST per person. Minimum 10 partipants per session.
Many clients also include other training modules that Shorlink offer and/or request a more detailed training session. We offer 5% discount when two or more courses are booked at same time.
Other courses available include Practical Flares & Fire Extinguisher Training where participants set off an ‘actual’ flare and also extinguish an ‘actual’ fire. Our Onboard Safety Training is imperative for learning lifesaving skills in emergency situations.
Clothing Requirements for ILR Training?
Please dress in casual clothing with closed in shoes as worn in participant’s work environment. A change of clothes for after in-water activities completed.
Are you a member of a Marine Club?
We have conducted courses for Marine Clubs all over Australia specific to their requirements.
We welcome your enquiry and offer Group Discounts. Please either email or call on 07 4242 1412.
Why should I trust Shorlink with my safety?
Here’s a few good reasons…
- Craftsman Boatbuilder & Shipwright + Trade Qualified Shipbuilder. We know boat design & construction!
- Over 45 years as an owner, operator, and manager of commercial vessels. We know about operating vessels!
- Maritime Safety Management specialist
- Formerly an Internationally recognised Marine & Shipwright Surveyor
- Fully trained in the International Safety Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and Pollution Prevention
For more information or to book your Course, please contact Shorlink by…
The life you save may be yours, a friend or your own family!